June 05, 2011

Changing My Blog Template: Killed My Search Engine Rankings

What the heck. Just wondering what really happened to my blog, was it my fault when i changed the template of my blog or Google made a change on their search algorithm?

Ano kaya nangyari. hmmmMmm. Kahit e type ko pa yong buong post title sa Search Engine hindi parin nag rarank yong blog ko.huhuhu paano na to. mostly naman 2nd or 3rd yong rank ko, kunge etatype ko yong post title, kahit nga yong keywod lang nag rarank parin tapos ngayon wala na. kakalongkot naman to.huhuhu Well anyway this a sort of a challenge for me to learn more about SEO latest tactics.

14 Responses to “Changing My Blog Template: Killed My Search Engine Rankings”

Unknown said...
June 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Im gonna add you now on my linkpage for great bloggers :)

thanks for visiting on my blog ;D


Nonoy said...
June 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM

This happens to me sometimes, and to most of all bloggers; I think it's what they call Google dance, wherein the Google bots updates the index of our blogs, which happens within 3 days to one week. Parang ganun; but I'm not sure if that could be the reason.


Unknown said...
June 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM

@Nonoy: Thanks po sa pag bisita. Uu nga po eh. baka po sa algo. lang nang google to. Hope ma ka rank ulit ako.hehehe salamat po sa idea sir.^^


Calvin said...
June 7, 2011 at 9:18 AM

hi philip sorry for the late reply. i missed your comment before. anyway, added you to my links already. hope you can reciprocate. cheers!


Unknown said...
June 7, 2011 at 5:32 PM

@Calvin: Done Linking you sir. Happy Blogging!!!


TJ said...
June 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Hi Phillip. It's good seeing you linking your blog to Calvin Lo. He's a great guy. Always answers to queries. A people's guy.

Anyway, I agree with Nonoy's Google dance. This regularly happens to me. I post an article which tops the SERP, edit it out later, republish it again only to be gone in Google. 48 to 72 hours later it's back again.

This wasn't recently the case. I think it just started happening give or take a month, two months ago. Which I think is a hue problem since lost traffic due to quick edits are very counter productive.

So try to not edit any articles and just ride the waves for now, especially with this IPv6 upgrade and whatnot.


Unknown said...
June 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Hi TJ, thanks for dropping by in my blog and for your nice comment as well. I really learned from it. Yeah your right, Calvin Lo is very nice guy. i think he's awesome like you.hope i will be given a chance to meet you guys.hehehe


Blogging Park said...
June 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Hi I didn't get your problem.In the middle para I don't understand the line,is it in different language?


Unknown said...
June 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Blogging Park: I apologize that you didn't understand the half of my post because that's a Tagalog language, one of the language here in the Philippines. On the middle of my post, i was just saying that i don't know what happened to my blog rank on google search engine and why is it not ranking anymore. Even though i type up the whole post title, still doesn't have rank on Google Search.


Grace said...
June 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Hi Phillip a lot of things can happen really aside from the Google dance...

It might have also been the Panda update which Google still hasn't revealed everything about...


sir rob said...
June 24, 2011 at 1:01 AM

I'm not sure if changing your theme really is the cause of your page rank demotion. There were just so many changes that google have implemented nowadays. Have you done something in your site aside from changing your theme?


Unknown said...
June 25, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Grace: Hi ate, thanks for dropping by. I will search more about panda update. thanks for the idea.

Sir Rob: Yeah hopefully it wasn't really my fault.hehehe Thanks for dropping by Sir Rob. See yah.^^


Martik Panosian's Blog said...
July 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Hello,

This is Martik, the author of Martik-Scorp
I want to let you know that my blog has been removed due to copyright, please update your blogroll.

Old blog: http://martik-scorp.blogspot.com
New Blog: http://martik-scorp2.blogspot.com

You can remove this comment after reading. Thank you.


Dailyblogtools.com said...
October 9, 2011 at 4:29 AM

wow ! Very nice
http://dailyblogtools.com


Post a Comment

Please Drop us a Comment. Your Comment is Highly Appreciated. Thank You!